9/28/11

Broken Ankle. An Update

Honestly, I would never wish a broken ankle on anyone...not even my most serious enemy.  And I would especially not wish a compound fracture on anyone.  It's horrible.  It's frustrating.  It's painful.  And to think, all I did was step off a stupid curb and twist my ankle.  And *poof* it broke and poked through the skin.  My friends tell me it was quite the sight.  Those that looked at it anyway.  One of my friends couldn't look at it, but that's ok.  I love her anyway.  I couldn't look at it either. 

After 5+ weeks of being non-weight bearing on my right ankle, I finally got the OK from the surgeon to start walking on it.  Hallelujah!  Finally, my life back!  I could start picking up the house and being the mom I'm supposed to be.  Yeah, in my dreams.  I still need a walker to get around.  If I don't use the walker, my ankle gives out on me along with my knee, and I tip over.  And since I'm using the walker, I can't carry anything.  So I still can't do a lot around the house.  And it hurts.  A lot.  Sigh. 

Will I ever feel like a normal person again?

No comments:

Post a Comment